ePvL allows Service Battery to charge Motor Battery

Rispondi
brycelawrencenz

ePvL allows Service Battery to charge Motor Battery

Messaggio da brycelawrencenz » 27/05/2021, 17:05

Hi

I had an AGM Service battery in my brand new mobile home (Euro 6B) and the battery was nearly completely dead after 6 months use, the last 4 months I had a ective Solar system charging the battery.

Since the battery died, I replaced it with a Ective 100AH Li-ion battery that has a smart bluetooth system that shows you live what is happening with the battery. This has shown a something that surprises me a lot.

The new battery shows the charge and discharge Amps. Whilst driving with everything on board turned off, it shows that the Service Battery is discharging between 5-10 Amps.

Further investigating showed that when I start the motor (i.e. the starter motor draws a large current from the motor battery), the 20-25 Amps is drawn from the Service Battery, which then drops back to the background draw of 5-10Amps after the start phase and the motor is still running.

If I disconnect the cable between the ePvL and the Motor battery, then start the Motor, there is no 20-25 Amp draw on the Service battery and no background draw of 5-10Amps when the motor is running, thus proving that the ePvL is allowing the service battery to be drained to the motor battery.

I would have thought that this should be impossible.

Can you please explain why this occurs, because if I didn't have solar panels, the service battery would be drained empty on a long drive and is opposite to how the system should work when driving - the motor/alternator charging the service battery.

Also, how can I buy a dongle to program the ePvL/BC-250 to provide better voltages while charging the Li-ion service battery.

Thanks
Bryce
SimoneR
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: ePvL allows Service Battery to charge Motor Battery

Messaggio da SimoneR » 27/05/2021, 19:09

Hello. To buy the dongle you need to send an email at Assistenza.tecnica@arsilicii.com
Your problem, probably, caused by a no correct signal from engine to poverlink. We suggest to a dealer to solve the problem.
brycelawrencenz

Messaggio da brycelawrencenz » 27/05/2021, 20:00

Hi
thanks for the quick reply.

I will make a claim with the seller of the van.

Can you please advise if this is likely to have damaged the first AGM battery?
SimoneR
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da SimoneR » 29/05/2021, 0:31

Hello. Probably your AGM battery have a no good element inside. As the days went by, the battery problem got worse, permanently breaking the battery.
Rispondi