Use of LifePo4 battery with POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE

Rispondi
osvaldo_rios
Modello Camper: Rimor Family 103 Xgo - Ford Transit - 2012

Use of LifePo4 battery with POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE

Messaggio da osvaldo_rios » 04/05/2024, 14:56

Hello,
In my 2012 Rimor Family 103 Xgo camper I'm currently using an AGM battery for the home and regular lead acid starter battery for the engine.
The home battery is charged by a MPPT solar charger (fed by 200W panel) and connected to (what it seems to be) a POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE. The home/service battery is connected directly via thick wires to the BS (+) and GND (-) terminals of the TTK power-link.
There is also a AL-BK20 power supply connected to the POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE.
Can I swap the AGM home battery with a LifePo4 battery with BMS?
Would I have to add anything? Will it work if the starter battery is still a lead acid one?
In a configuration of LifePo4 home battery and lead acid engine battery what is needed for a simultaneous parallel charging of the both battery types by the alternator or the power supply?

Here is a photo of my POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE:
Immagine

Photo of the Control Panel with its firmware version displayed:
Immagine

Thanks in advance for your reply.
SimoneR
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: Use of LifePo4 battery with POWER-LINK 2 TTK NODE

Messaggio da SimoneR » 05/05/2024, 15:20

Hello. To install LiFePo4 battery you need to change battery charger (BK20 is not compatibile) and install a DCDC converter to charge it correcly by engine. Also you need to disconnect motor battery from our system because the charging is made by DCDC converter.
osvaldo_rios

Messaggio da osvaldo_rios » 05/05/2024, 18:49

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Considering my current electrical installation I have made a diagram of your proposal (if I understand you correct):
Immagine

Can you recommend a more recent charger model that will be compatible with my current power-link?
Also I have an absorber fridge (that can work on LPG, AC and DC) connected to the power-link. If I wire the DC/DC charger to the power-link instead of connecting the engine battery directly I will also be able to use the fridge on 12V DC when the engine is running, right?
SimoneR
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da SimoneR » 05/05/2024, 19:06

Hello. You can change your BK20 with our BC-520.
You installa DCDC converter you need to disconnect motor battery from our system and install the converter from motor battery to service battery. Motor battery must be disconnect from our system.
osvaldo_rios

Messaggio da osvaldo_rios » 06/05/2024, 0:28

Alright. Thanks.

In that case, when only the service battery is connected to the power-link what will happen with the 12V supply for the refrigerator which is provided only when the camper is moving/the car engine is running? Will that function as before, for example I'll be able to use the fridge on 12V when the car engine is running?

Please check my latest diagram, I have updated it according your latest comments:
Immagine
Is that what you mean?
SimoneR
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da SimoneR » 06/05/2024, 22:31

Hello. The fridge work normally with 12V when the engine run. The fridge is connect to service battery and the battery is charge by DCDC converter. Your last diagramm is correct.
Rispondi